Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Current OU Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:53 am

Intro

Hi guys and welcome to my first OU team.I have posted this team on other forum before but I want to see what you guys think. After getting bored of Cresselia plaguing the UU tier, I finally decided to try my luck at OU. This is my first team. I have had quite a success with this team but there are still spots for improvement. This team is a balanced one built around an Agiligross sweep. So without any further ado I present you the team:

A First Glance

My Current OU Team 392My Current OU Team Spr_4p_492My Current OU Team Spr_4p_380My Current OU Team Spr_4h_212_fMy Current OU Team 373 My Current OU Team 376

(The team looks really reddish lol)
In-Depth
My Current OU Team 392

Infernape @Focus Sash
Ability:Blaze
252 SpA / 64 Atk / 194 Spe
Nature:Naïve
-Fire Blast
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Stealth Rock

Infernape is a great lead and that has never let me down once. It has the ability to set-up SR and combat all leads out there, giving me an crucial early advantage in the game. Fire Blast is a strong STAB moves and in when sash has activated (Blaze) it becomes insanely powerful even on resisted hits. Close Combat is second strong STAB move on the physical side. Fake Out break sashes and SR is…SR.
The EVs are to make Infernape hit as hard as possible and 194 Spe allow it to get the jump on all max speed base 100
Here is what it can do to other lead out there:
My Current OU Team 482
Azelf
I set-up SR first then switch to Rotom on the predictable boom.
My Current OU Team 376
Metagross
Infernape always beat this lead with Fire Blast but lose to the Occa berry variant
My Current OU Team 260
Swampert
Switch to Rotom to scare it off and easily kill it if it decides to stay in
My Current OU Team 385
Jirachi
Fire Blast is OHKO and Infernape doesn't mind a Choice Scarf too terribly
My Current OU Team 142
Aerodactyl
The only lead not beaten by this guy; I switch to Rotom on this guy.
My Current OU Team 392
Infernape
Switch to Rotom on a predicted Close Combat or scare it off with Suicune
My Current OU Team 407
Roserade
Fake Out first,and as long as Fire Blast doesn't miss, I win. =D
My Current OU Team 485
Heatran
Close Combat for the KO
My Current OU Team 248
Tyranitar
See above
My Current OU Team 472
Gliscor
SR and switch to Rotom since most only carry EQ and U-Turn

My Current OU Team 120px-492Shaymin-Land
Shaymin @Choice Scarf
Ability:Natural Cure
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature:Modest
-Air Slash
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice
-Seed Flare

Many people overlooked Shaymin as an unsucessful sister of Celebi (It even not appear in threat list),but that's not mean Shaymin is entirely outclassed.First of all Shaymin lack psychic typing,means It is not pursuit weak,that is important for scarfer as they switches alot,It also one of the best attacking move IMO in the form of Seed Flare (second to Sacred Fire from Ho-Oh though).The special defene drop is more than enough to make dedicated special wall (I'm looking at you Bliss) think twice before switching in.Air Slash hit Fighting and opposing Grass type,Namely Celebi and Machamp,Earth Power hit steels hard,especially Heatran,and Hidden Power Ice hit dragon.Shaymin has worked great for this team no matter what people say

My Current OU Team 200px-380Latias
Latias @Expert Belt
Ability:Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Nature:Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Hidden Power Fire

Bait Latias is a great checks to many huge threat,including Heatran,Scizor,and Gyarados.She also provide the famous Double-Dragon combo with Mence which means they are harder to counter.Dragon Pulse is a STAB moves and I prefer it over Draco Meteor because I don't like Latias to switching in so much and provide a more consistent power.Thunderbolt hit Gyarados hard and also all water except Swampert hard.Surf hit fire types such as Infernape and Heatran and provide great coverage with Dragon,Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and all steel bar Heatran hard (and also for Shedinja...lol)

Scizor @Choice Band
Ability:Technician
160 Hp / 180 Atk / 168 SpD
Nature:Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Pursuit

Scizor gives me valuabe priority in the form of Bullet Punch and great scouting move that still do great damage in the form of U-Turn and minimize my weakness to ground.Bullet Punch is a no-brainer,the only reason why Scizor jumped from a mere #33 in usage to unreplacable #1.A priority boosted by Technician and STAB means you have strong base 90 priority at your hand.U-Turn is a great scouting moves and still do great damage coupled with STAB,Pursuit helps against fleeing foe and Superpower hit those pesky steel
EV are suggested by KnightoftheWind.160 Hp give Scizor nice bulk,180 Atk is to deal damage,and 168 SpD allow Scizor not to be 2HKOed by Specs Surf from Latias
My Current OU Team Salamence
Salamence @Life Orb
Ability :Intimidate
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Nature:Rash
-Fire Blast
-Roost
-Brick Break
-Draco Meteor

Classic MixMence is one of the most productive member in my team.The number of pokes it's surprise kill is countless (I talking about you Tyrantitar!)Brick Break is mainly for Blissey,but also hit TTar hard,Roost is a great immediate recovery,Fire Blast hit Skarmory and all steel type bar Heatran hard.Draco Meteor is the strongest move in my arsenal and almost always net me a kill especially on frail switch in like Weavile
80 HP EV allow Mence to take some hits,252 SpA gives max power to Fire Blast and Draco Meteor,176 Spe outpace Adamant Lucario.
My Current OU Team 376
Metagross @Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
124 Hp / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Nature:Adamant
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt

Last but not least, we have Metagross, the star of the team. Agiligross is almost unstoppable late-game with all the holes Mence creates.Life Orb is chosen over Leftovers because without hit Metagross cannot really hit opponent hard. Agility boosts Metagross low speed stat sky high even after just a single use. Meteor Mash is Metagross main attacking option and the occasional attack boost is always welcome. Earthquake hit Fire and Steel types,namely Heatran.Zen Headbutt is chosen because it's hit everything at least neutral bar Skarmory that is handled by half of the team and also a strong secondary STAB moves. Maximum Attack is for maximum power, Speed is to outrun Scarftar after Agility and the rest goes into HP to provide extra bulk.

Last edited by Zapdos The Blitz on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:53 am

Threat List

Credit to Pastel for making the list.

Red means major threat
Yellow means can cause some troubles
Green means no trouble at all

My Current OU Team 541_2_0Scizor Haha it's funny to see that Scizor love to switch on Latias with no Leftovers recovery or LO recoil and killed by HP fire that easily,Rotom can also counter it reliably,so do Infernape.
My Current OU Team 703_2_0Salamence DD variant is weakened first then killed by Scizor BP,this is what makes SR is very important
My Current OU Team 578_2_0Tyranitar TTar is the bane of my team,the two most threatening set is DDbabiriTar and Scarftar.Must played around carefully against this (Sandstorm also annoys me)
My Current OU Team 710_2_0Latias She can cause some havoc because I don't want to risk a speed tie against this,and because I use Bait Latias myself I usually very wary against this,but after seeing the Item clearly I can switch more safely
My Current OU Team 835_2_0Heatran This guy only threaten two pokemon on my team (and if Gross gets an Agility,one)Salamence and Latias beat this reliably
My Current OU Team 428_2_0Gyarados Latias can handle before it's get a DD,and Rotom can handle if it's manage to get a boost.If it's got 2 DD I know it's dangerous though (But I haven't manage to allow it get 2 DD)
My Current OU Team 706_2_0Metagross Salamence and Latias can handle all variant except Agility,Infernape got a good chance at beating the lead,Agility one is defeated by Rotom

My Current OU Team 715_2_0Jirachi meh Jirachi,FlinchHax always fail to annoy me,Infernape,Latias,and Mence beat it reliably and also Gross.
My Current OU Team 725_2_0Infernape Luckily I have Infernape biggest counter,Latias,other member can handle it too so he is not an issue for me
My Current OU Team 791_2_0Lucario Rotom can beat this reliably,Metagross can handle and Intimidate from Mence help.
My Current OU Team 392_2_0Gengar Scizor bullet punch this frail ghost to death,Rotom can also beat non-scarf variant
My Current OU Team 825_2_0Rotom-H He is threatened a KO from Mence Draco Meteor (except RestTalker).Other member can also beat it reliably
My Current OU Team 590_2_0Swampert Swampert wall this team to hell and back.I usually spam Draco Meteor on him or Trick a scarf to it but this guy almost always annoy me
My Current OU Team 419_2_0Starmie This guy annoying but Rotom can beat him reliably
My Current OU Team 572_2_0Blissey Blissey can only trouble Latias (Yay Rotom Trick

Last edited by Zapdos The Blitz on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Lead azelf would use psychic, not "boom" on ape. What's "double dragon"? Consider T-punch for metagross. You have taken out suicune as you mentioned? Consider outrage over DM on mence as you do have a cune weakness.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Double Dragon is a famous combo in OU (well this probably because you are uber player).Dragon type is hard to counter,and with two dragon pokemon in the team,it will become more harder to counter.Suicune was a threat,but with Rotom in my team it cannot really do much (as long as play around it carefully!).I've tried Thunderpunch but I'm walled completely by Rotom,but I consider that again.From what I experienced,Azelf will set SR first and knowing Ape will switch,they will usually Explode on the switch.
Thanks for the rate Wink
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Hello Zapdos, nice team!

Most sets individually looks standard and fine. First i think you should change the Zen headbutt on Metagross. There are plenty of options, Thunderpunch, Ice punch, Bullet punch and Explosion. The only threats i can see that Zen headbutt atm checks for you are, none. Since Earthquake and Meteor mash at they're own are good at hitting neutral, a third "Neutral hitting move" is not necessary. What i could see as the option in here is either Ice punch or Thunder punch. This depends on if you think you struggle the most with Gyara or Mence. Right now though it doesn't seem like any of those are hurting you. Ice punch checks Gliscor which well played can outstall Gross with Roost+EQ(depending on your luck with attacks riase by MM).

Moving on to Salamence. First comment on Mence is that Blissey can outstall it with Toxic. Having that said it might be better to switch Brick break to Earthquake. EQ will hit both Tyranitar and Heatran hard. I know that that would be twisting with the standard movesets a but but it really seems better in here.

I do not really like that Latias is in there. Looking at the threat list it basiclly covers nothing that the rest of your team struggles with. There are other ways of dealing with Ape and Scizor (i.e Intimidate). Also looking at your threat list you claim yourself being very Swampert weak. This is obviously fixed with putting a Grass type-move on this team. I now this is heavy-offense but i don't think some offensive support would do bad here at all. I am presenting to you a Celebi set:

My Current OU Team 251@ Leftovers
Bold nature
EV: 128 HP 128 SpAk 252 Spe

Thunder wave
Energy ball
Recover
HP Fire

This set looks really nice in your team. Crippling pokemons with Thunder wave opens up a new way of playing with Metagross. The energy ball will OHKO or at worst 2HKO opposing Swamperts while they can't do anything back if you won't get the K0. HP Fire is simply to not loose the Scizor check you had in Latias. Recover is pretty standard since this is pretty bulky.

Good luck with the team

//OnToP
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:24 am

If you want a swampert counter, use rotom cut or give latias grass knot. I do play a bit of OU, you know.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

First all thanks for you guys rate!
@Ontop:Sorry for the threat list,I think I accidentally deleted some (that have many of the threat covered by Latias)and I'll finish it as soon as I can!
Well yeah I test out Thunderpunch just like both you and Calze point out and it work nicely so I''ll change it,Thanks!
Celebi seems appealing but then it's give another fire weakness,and only 1 resist is not good,because now I have T-Punch on Gross,the most disposable poke is I think Rotom (because it is one of the pokes that is the reason TTar being a threat).Isn't Brick Break is a 2HKO on Blissey?So it can't outstall me with toxic and it should be noted that Brick Break hit TTar harder and still hit Heatran (and it break screen!)
But then again I see I need another scarfed pokemon that can replace Breloom (Because it is my best bet against SDLuke!)
@Calze:Yes,I try Grass Knot and seems not really work well yet but I'll test it further to see how it goes,Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 am

Actually rotom Cut might be a pretty good idea, since I don't see overheat as necesary right now.

If not, I would suggest another lead, a jirachi would really help you against tyranitar, and combined with scizor, could prove extremely helpful against latias as you can spam U-turn and bullet ounch at the end. This would also help against starmie.

I don't relly see a big problem with swampert, because latias, scizor and rotom are heplful, however, it's your team.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks pastel,after seeing Ontop and your rate,I came to an idea to replace Rotom and put Shaymin in,Shaymin solve not only 1 problem of my team,but 3!(Starmie,TTar,Swampert) and not giving me more weakness
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 am

What kinda variant? Scarf? It could problably work. Specs and Lo to. Seed flare is really kwl.

Shaymin @ Choice scarf
Timid nature
EV: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe

Seed flare
Earth power
Air slash
HP [Ice]

That should work fine. Together that is a really coverage-strong pokemon. Another nice thing is you'd lose your Pursuit weak scarfer replacing it with a non weak Pursuit scarfer ;D.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 am

It's scarf variant.I want to update the team but now I'm at school so I think I'll update it later
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Timid >> Modest. Otherwise you'll die to Scarf flygons and ScarfRachi.
Back to top Go down
Firekit
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Firekit

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Dang...You put alot of time into that team. Its a pretty killer team overall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Current OU Team Vide
PostSubject: Re: My Current OU Team   My Current OU Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My Current OU Team

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team-