Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) Vide
PostSubject: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi guys and welcome to my third RMT here!With the new metagame of UU I see that it's time for me to return to this tier.This team haven't laddered much however I have beaten two top UU player with this team.It's Elda that is peaked at #13 in the leaderboard (and my BFF) and ShinyAzelf that is at #41 now (another friend).But I still see some room for improvement.This team is build around to abuse the most broken entry hazard in this metagame,Spikes
Without further ado:

First Glance
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 480Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 478Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 464Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) Spr_4h_003_mSpikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 59_20_1Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 350

Changes in BOLD
In-Depth:

LEAD

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 480Uxie
Uxie @Choice Scarf
Ability:Levitate
252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Nature:Bold
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Trick

Uxie is a very reliable lead and there's a reason why he is always at the top five most used lead in this metagame.Uxie provide me the first form of entry hazard in the form of Stealth Rock.Trick allow me to cripple opposing lead,locking them into one move and force switches to rack up residual damage(and also valuabe against stall).Thunder Wave is my status move of choice,it allow me to slow down my opponent that will help my relatively slow team(and parahax is always welcome).I choose Psychic over U-turn to put an end against Hariyama lead that is quite a problem to my team,while I have no SpA investment,the STAB is enough to give the attack more bite.The EV are standard to make Uxie as bulky as possible while the speed allow me to outpace anything in the tier bar Electrode

The Spiker

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 478Froslass

Froslass @Leftovers
Ability:Snow Cloak
248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Nature:Timid
-Ice Beam
-Pain Split
-Spikes
-Taunt

Froslass is the best spiker in this game bar,none.It is not really about her stat that make it the best spiker in this game,it's her typing.Her ghost typing means that it is guaranteed that the spikes it have will not be spun as long as she is on the field.Credit goes to Heysup for making such a broken set,Bulkylass beat every common rapid spinner in this game bar Blastoise that is scared off by Venusaur (and it cannot spin Froslass spikes while Froslass can set-up freely).Taunt will stop any Foresight Top on their track.Ice Beam is froslass attacking move of choice,Pain Split increase Lass survivability.The EV is pretty standard except 36 speed to outrun opposing Froslass so I can taunt them first before they taunt me

Offensive Trio

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 464Rhyperior

Rhyperior @Choice Band
Ability:Solid Rock
88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Nature:Adamant
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Rock Blast/Rock Wrecker

Man this thing is a beast.With spikes and SR up this guy safe switch in is around.....0.Rhyperior is my main offensive force,able to break through even it's counter (slowbro,milotic,weezing).This is also my main answer to any kind of stall,as their main switch-in,Milotic,is OHKOed by Earthquake after SR and spikes damage.Rock-Ground-Bug provide me perfect coverage,however I'm not sure what to put in the last slot,I usually go with Rock Blast because I'm not sold with Aqua Tail from the analysis and sometimes I choose Rock Wrecker even though it need recharging,the ability to OHKO slowbro after SR and spikes is certainly a big deal.All in all,this is easily the MVP of this team

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 210px-003Venusaur
Venusaur @Leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature :Jolly
-Power Whip
-Eathquake
-Sword Dance
-Sleep Powder

SD Venusaur is my reliable switch in against bulky water such as Milotic and Azumarill (must be a little cautious again Slowbro because of Psychic) and also my second offensive force.Venusaur is also the part of my solid grass-water combo.This thing tend to force a lot of switches thanks to the infamous Sleep Powder.Power Whip is very powerful STAB moves that will hurt anything that does not resist it.Earthquake round the coverage,hitting any fire and steel types that trying to take Power Whip.This thing trouble is only Altaria and Moltres IMO,and it is capable of running through any unprepared team

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 059Arcanine

Arcanine @Lum Berry
Ability:Intimidate
120 Hp / 152 Atk / 236 Spe
Nature:Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Morning Sun
-Roar

First of all thanks to Calze for pointing the less usefulness of Spiritomb in this team.Arcanine is my favourite pokemon in UU,and for good reason.First it give me excellent Grass-Fire-Water combo.Second,this guy is awesome,Intimidate is my safe bet against most physical attacker in UU,Flare Blitz is my favourite move in the game and is Arcanine reliable STAB moves,Extremespeed is the only priority in this team,Morning sun increase Arcanine durability in taking hits (and this is why he is bulky) and roar allow me to rack up residual damage faster.Lum Berry is there because this guy is my main answer to Venusaur,and I don't want it to be a set-up bait with the annoying Sleep Powder

The Glue
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 220px-350Milotic
Milotic @Leftovers
Ability:Marvel Scale
248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Nature:Bold
-Surf
-Hidden Power Grass
-Recover
-Haze

Milotic hold this team together just like a glue. She checks a lot of threat including DDGatr,SubPunch Azumarill and more. She is also the one that takes Ice and Fire attack aimed at Venusaur and Rhyperior.Surf is her STAB moves,Recover increase Milotic durability. Haze is my answer to any Stat-booster like Curse Registeel and DDgatr to name a few and will put an end to Baton Pass team.Hidden Power Grass hit all those grass type for respectale damage.It also make a good defensive partner with Venusaur with the solid Grass-Water combo

Last edited by Zapdos The Blitz on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Threat List

Green mean not a trouble at all
Orange mean can cause minor or medium trouble
Red mean MAJOR problem
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 299_2_0Venusaur: is an easy switch to Arcanine
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 357_2_0Arcanine:Handled by Rhyperior,Milotic
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 573_2_0Raikou: Venusaur could handle this to an extent,otherwise trick it a scarf and go to Rhyperior on predicted T-Bolt
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 680_2_0Milotic:Handled by Venusaur because most doesn't carry Ice Beam,Rhyperior will kill the switch-in after 1 layer of spikes and stealth rock with EQ
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 830_2_0Uxie:Not a trouble at all,do I need to explain this?
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 709_2_0Registeel:Arcanine,or killed by Rhyperior (OHKO!)
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 764_2_0Ambipom:Rhyperior because he is SOLID,or else Arcanine
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 823_2_0Froslass: T-wave the lead with Uxie and then my own froslass setting up
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 809_2_0Rhyperior:Wow my main weapon turn to be one of my nemesis,you probably see this coming,I have no safe switch except Milotic,but Venusaur can also switch-in if something is down
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 484_2_0Azumarril:Venusaur or Milotic
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 562_2_0Donphan: Venusaur or Froslass own this
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 769_2_0Mismagius:A bit of a problem,but Rock Blast prove to be valuabe here.
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 584_2_0Sceptile:Arcanine,or Froslass
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 567_2_0Hitmontop:walled by Froslass except if it packs Bullet Punch,or Arcanine and Venusaur
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 497_2_0Umbreon:This can't do much in the face of Rhyperior,or Milotic haze curse variant
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 444_2_0Moltres:This thing is a beast,my check is only Milotic (a nice one though,only nice!).Usually Arcanine weaken it enough so I can finish with priority
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 363_2_0Alakazam:Now with the departure of Spiritomb,this thing can be a pain,but still can be played around
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 782_3_0Spiritomb:OHKO from Rhyperior
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 334_2_0Clefable:outspeed,then see above
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 607_2_0Swellow:Rhyperior,or Arcanine
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 664_2_0Altaria:Rhyperior can handle offensive ones even after +1,or Froslass for the defensive one
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 459_2_0Feraligatr:Venusaur or Milotic,sometimes they think they smart enough to set-up on Rhyperior only to be drilled (pun intended)by Rhyperior
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 306_2_0Blastoise:Froslass set-up,or Venusaur
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 349_2_0Dugtrio:Fun-Fact,Rhyperior is only 2HKOed by EQ,and can deliver EQ in return,it trap Froslass and Arcanine though which is suck (and weakened Venusaur)
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 674_2_0Claydol:Never see this anymore,but handled by Milotic or Froslass reliably
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 536_2_0Steelix:the great thing is that even without entry hazard,Rhyperior KO with EQ on max hp/no defense variant,or Milotic
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 378_2_0Slowbro:with enough entry hazard,Rhyperior will KO this with Megahorn,Milotic can handle this
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 439_2_0Kabutops:In the rain DEADLY,outside that it is a green threat
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 587_2_0Blaziken:Milotic beat handily,or Arcanine,Rhyperior survive one Superpower and KO
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 824_2_0Rotom:not really a trouble with it's poor defence,handled depend on the set
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 411_2_0Chansey:Rhyperior FTW!or any of my sweepers (or Uxie trick it with scarf)
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 799_2_0Toxicroak:Arcanine,or Venusaur
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 707_2_0Regirock:Even with 200 base Defense it can be OHKOed by Rhyperior Earthquake with enough entry hazard,or else Milotic
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 559_2_0Houdoom:Milotic or Arcanine
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 602_2_0Ludicolo:Rain variant can only be played around
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 797_2_0Drapion:OHKOed by Rhyperior EQ,and not threaten any of my pokes
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 722_2_0Torterra:RP is just bastard,I usually played it around though and worn it down with LO damage
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 421_2_0Scyther:Arcanine rocks this stuff
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 437_2_0Omastar:Venusaur,in the rain however,dangerous
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 689_2_0Absol:Arcanine can handle this
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 470_2_0Lanturn:thank God it's rare,can cause some trouble,usually just trick it with scarf
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 389_2_0Cloyster:Froslass,or Rhyperior or Milotic
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 540_2_0Qwilfish:Rain can only be played around
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 636_2_0Aggron:Rhyperior,or Milotic,not face it yet though
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 627_2_0Hariyama:Uxie beat lead variant,otherwise Arcanine
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 408_2_0Weezing:both Froslass and Milotic can handle this given it poor special defence.
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 404_2_0Hitmonlee:Played around,Milotic and Arcanine can handle though
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 332_2_0Nidoking:Rhyperior or Milotic,gotta watch out for Poison Point
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 815_2_1Leafeon:I remember getting destroyed by this before I use arcanine,not a problem anymore though.

Credit to Pastel for making the list!

Last edited by Zapdos The Blitz on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 am

You could go fire punch on rhyperior to hit grass/steels. Your spiritomb doesn't carry much type coverage to tackle spinners and as a result, they can eventually get past them.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:31 am

Yeah sadly Spiritomb is the weakest link and I just realised that I have a big Leafeon weakness so I'll try using Arcanine I think and see how it goes.Fire Punch is a good option for hitting Venusaur so I'll try it,thanks!
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:15 am

You still need a spinblocker though. Froslass isn't going to last long as a spiker and spinblocker. Maybe try out rotom or dusclops.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey, nice team Zapdos!

Starting off with the start I don't like Psychic on Uxie. Hariyama isn't used more than 1/60 games as a lead and if it in this single game gives you trouble Venusaur can come in and Sleep powder it. U-Turn on the other side will hit Alakazam hard who isn't hurted a bit of Psychic. I'm not happy with Rock blast on Rhyperior when you have Stone edge. Avalanche seems like the better choice hitting Altarias with 100% Accuracy (Instead of a shake 80% of Stone edge), same thing goes to Swellow.

Just like Calze said a team around entry hazards cannot use Froslass as they're only spin blocker. The chance it will set up those 3 layers without taking a huge amount of damage/Dying is small. Because of this i suggest a second spin blocker, Spiritomb. I know you had CBTrickTomb in there but taht's not what i'm thinking of. I'm looking at a set with about maximized defenses and still ability to Attack and do huge damage. It's a set i'm quite sure i invented myself, ResTalkCMTomb.
Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) 442@ Leftovers
Bold nature
EV: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpA

Rest
Sleep talk
Calm mind
Dark pulse

This is a amazing spin blocker aswell as a late game sweeper. After 1 CM this guy is a bulky ass in both spectrum of attacking and has a move that recovers 100%. Dark pulse is pretty obviously better than Shadow ball here since you do not want to have like 2 CMs up and then they just switch in a Normal type like Miltank, Ambipom or PZ. I'm sadly not quite sure on who to replace since every pokemon seems to fill a decently important role, but it's Problably down to Arcanine or Venusaur.

Another way to big threat to this team is Torterra. It has wo STABs in Seed bomb/Wood hammer and Earthquake which can OHKO every single pokemon on your team except for Uxie(I think). There are two ways to kill a Torterra after RP, Ice shard, or a Scarfed fast pokemon. I'm thinking Froslass could go with a scarf and Spikes/TBolt/Ice beam/Shadow ball. I know that looses the bit of puprpose of a bulky Froslass so maybe go foor a more offensive variant? That's all for now.

Hope i helped

//OnToP
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:35 am

Yeah Ontop just like the threat list said,Torterra is a nightmare -__-(thankfully,this one rare),Trick Ice Beam on Froslass seems appealing and it help Froslass to became a reliable revenge killer,We can still go for the bulky variant though I just need to tweak the EV a bit.Yeah I know that Spiritomb would do great but I'm not really sold on using Crotomb,Instead I'll go for a more defensive Spiritomb with WoW.Now that the needed of Phazer arise I think I'll change Venusaur into a more defensive variant with Roar (yeah I know this is more like semistall) to rack up residual damage.Thanks alot for the input Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) Icon_smile
EDIT:I'll gonna make an update soon enough (quite a major changes),this team now changed into semistall -_-.Btw I beat Thund with this team Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) Icon_biggrin (was ranked 1 on leaderboard but yeah I know his whole team thanks to his RMT Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) Icon_tongue )
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 am

Put a ghost type that can counter common UU spinners. Putting froslass as a trick scarfer does hamper its spiking ability. You could take out the importance of spikes altogether if you want to though.
Back to top Go down
Firekit
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Firekit

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 pm

This is a pretty decient team overall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)   Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spikestacking...Bulky Offense? (UU)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team-