Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Slow Computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:23 am

Every day, every time, no matter what reason I'm using this computer for, it always goes so slow. I can barely get into anything fast enough. When I type, it takes 3 to 5 seconds for the letters to appear. That is just bogus. This has been going on since I graduated from High School because on that day, I uploaded new Starry Night Pro 6 onto my computer, but I doubt it's that NEW because I heard of some later versions out there and my system was restored and there was a virus scan ran on my computer last week, over a week ago. Can anyone please help me make this computer run faster? What should I do? I don't want to trash Stary Night Pro 6 because for number 1, it's the lastest version we could've afforded, and the information is more accurate tha nthe one I had on Starry Night Pro 2 which is a very old verison. I heard of this one called website in a commercial on TV a few weeks ago and for a weeks and I forgot what it was called. Do I have any luck, guys? Big thanks and hugs to anyone who helps me get this problem fixed. Slow Computer Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://www.timeanddate.com
Drakath
Boulder trainer
Drakath

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:45 pm

It'll be the fact that:

1 - your CPU isn't anywhere near fast enough
2 - You have too many processes running on you CPU

Things I can advise are:

-Get a new laptop, probably DELL is best

-OR go to the tool bar at the bottom of your screen, right click, open task manager, go to processes, you will see how much CPU each process is taking
close down the ones taking lot's of CPU which aren't nessecary to the computer needs, such as Ipod utility or anything...
It is clear the Starry Night takes up a lot of power, seeing as it is planitarium software... This might just be TOO much for your computer to handle... Like gaming, some computers just can't take it...

One more thing:
Gaming take a lot of power, so close games, music if it's on your computer, download faster products
for example: Mozzilla FireFox is much faster than Internet Explorer

I can also tell you that Viruses tend to take up a lot of power as well... so there is always that issue...

hope this helps a bit max
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm

This above post has a lot of flaws.

1) Why would I simply need a new laptop? I never had a laptop before and I'm talking about the computer in my room.

2) Task Manager can only be activated by pressing Control Alt Delete. You can't go down to the bottom right and right click and open it up. It doesn't work that way, kid. Maybe for you, that is.

3) iPod Utility? Don't you know that my iPod sometimes goes slower than my own computer? It's a lot worser now. Now a message pops up saying that I always need my mom's iTunes password. How annoying!

4) When I restart my computer and if the first thing I open up is Starry Night Pro 6, it'll open up instantly.

5) I don't game. Slow Computer 343253

6) Mozilla Firefox has a lot of errors and bugs and I'm not going through it again.

7) If there were any viruses on my computer, they were all cleaned out. Next time read everything I said and wrote in the first post before you start jumping to conclusions that my computer has a virus.

My Internet Explorer goes crazy. Every time I try to open a New Tab, it'll seemingly open another browser and then close it out and open that same tab. I've had this problems for months and nobody helped me with it. Not your guys's fault but I believe it's my mom's fault. She could've done something about it.
Back to top Go down
Drakath
Boulder trainer
Drakath

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 pm

1 - Because new laptops have faster CPU, there is a new dell which has a 4 gig ram, and don't assume i know everything about your personal life!

2 - I don't know how old YOUR computer is, but XP, Vista and Win7 all can do as I said they could

3 - Now how the hell would I know that, huh? Like I said, don't assume I know everything about your life!

4 - That doesn't mean jack to me...

5 - Well you're on a pokémon forums mate, the likelyhood of you to be a gamer increased to 80%

6 - Mozilla is much better than Internet explorer, I know because I know, don't question that!

7 - I did read everything, did you consider you got new ones? All I said was that it was a POSSIBLE issue, don't get all pissy at me for trying to help! I don't jump to conclusions, seeing as what you said is a problem it is EASILY assumed that your computer is old, that your anti-virus software is old, if you even have one, and there are viruses further developed than you know, I know because I have made them previously!

I don't live in America so I can't exactly come and visit you to tell you how it's done and put you in your place...
My dad is a computer technician, I know a hell of a lot more about computers than you do, I can assure you! Don't complain when you're asking on a pokémon forum site! You're lucky to have gotten anything at all!
Go on yahoo answers and you'll get nothing better than what I've told you!
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:12 am

Failure again on your part, kid.

1) I didn't say you did.

2) My computer is at least 4 years old. Over 1461 or more than 1500 of these days.

3) iPod < Computer and it was unnecessary to repeat yourself. I'll get it the first time.

4) It means plenty to me. That's how my computer has been running lately.

5) Dude, that doesn't mean anything. Being a gamer means going online playing games and not all the time, I'm on these or this Pokemon forum.

6) Kid, just because you know something, doesn't mean others do too. I can know that "taiyou" in Japanese means "sun" and "tsuki" in Japanese means "moon" for instance. That doesn't mean the rest of the board will know the same things, words, ideas, and languages, or parts of languages I know. I got these from singing lyrics.

7) What do you mean by new ones? New Starry Night? New Browser? Kid, calm down or take some kind of chill pill. You've been back to these boards for 2 weeks now. Remember how all that trolling began at SGF? We don't want it here either; so when you're starting to troll, don't. Knock it off!

Slow Computer Icon_cool Also read what I wrote for Reason #6 and you'll understand.

9) This is getting me and you nowhere fast. Kid, I suggest go find someone else to help because you don't know what you're talking about and I know which suggestions are good and which ones are bad, so if you have nothing useful to add, give it up. That's just like that one kid in 2007 who told me to crash my computer and he was an admin of his forum like J-master but unlike J-master, he was a total and complete idiot. I don't want to be with one.
Back to top Go down
Drakath
Boulder trainer
Drakath

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:11 am

-but you assumed I knew none-the-less
-You have no idea what I know, and I know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to computers
-If you check a dictionary you'll find that gaming isn't nessecarily online
-I rememeber you being a bit annoying, and me not being the only one that found you so
-All you're doing is flaming
-I don't care about Japanese, on the other hand you DO care about your computer, there is nothing else anyone will tell you about the problem, that I guarantee
-new viruses
-this is not a board, it is a forum
-And what's up with the whole kid thing? I'm 16, you're like 19, I have a funny suspicion that I've travelled more than you too... You're as much of a kid as I am
-your last paragraph means nothing to me...
-In case you didn't notice, your reputation is -19

I told you what I knew and you simply questioned it like the ungratefull, obnoxious prick that everyone knows you to be, and that is why I know you would NEVER become anything close to a moderator
Accept my information, or don't I don't care, because you'll get nothing better from anyone unless you got a tecnician to do it himself because you are clearly a self-righteous, arrogant idiot
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:33 am

Drakath wrote:
-but you assumed I knew none-the-less
-You have no idea what I know, and I know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to computers
-If you check a dictionary you'll find that gaming isn't nessecarily online
-I rememeber you being a bit annoying, and me not being the only one that found you so
-All you're doing is flaming
-I don't care about Japanese, on the other hand you DO care about your computer, there is nothing else anyone will tell you about the problem, that I guarantee
-new viruses
-this is not a board, it is a forum
-And what's up with the whole kid thing? I'm 16, you're like 19, I have a funny suspicion that I've travelled more than you too... You're as much of a kid as I am
-your last paragraph means nothing to me...
-In case you didn't notice, your reputation is -19

I told you what I knew and you simply questioned it like the ungratefull, obnoxious prick that everyone knows you to be, and that is why I know you would NEVER become anything close to a moderator
Accept my information, or don't I don't care, because you'll get nothing better from anyone unless you got a tecnician to do it himself because you are clearly a self-righteous, arrogant idiot

Slow Computer Icon_biggrin Tada! And now I will quote your dumb post. Because it is dumb, for number ONE.

1) I say you don't know shit about what the hell you're talking about when it comes to my computer. Sometimes there's a whole bunch of Errors and the reason why I'm not listening to you is because you're telling me to get rid of stuff, and I say "NO." The answer is "NO!"

2) Uh-huh! Sure! Most games you find without going to Internet Explorer require internet connection. Genius! Games like Internet Checkers, Bingo, Hearts. God how can a kid be so fucking stupid and at least call themselves 16 years old?

3) Excuse me? I was here longer than you. You're the one who's being a nuisance right now. You can't even except the fact that you can't give any good advice.

4) This isn't flaming. I was simply rejecting the idea. Also where do you see flaming at, or is it because I called you a kid?

5) That was just an example, you twit. You told me what you know and I said just because one knows something, doesn't mean that others do or don't. Also I doubt it! Not guaranteed!

Ignoring the part about new viruses! Bla bla bla bla! Tl;dr. I can't even have an attention span that long for about 0.3 seconds reading that.

6) Board - Forum, same Fucking thing. OH MY FUCKING GOD! There isn't a difference. Look around! Some people call it a board and some people call it a forum. It sounds like you are lacking intelligence and showing more ignorance, Drakath.

7) Stay out of my business and I don't care how much more you traveled than I did. It doesn't make you superior or me inferior. Duh! I wasn't always 19!

Cool Reputation points HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. YOU SIR ARE A COMPLETE MORON. To learn how reputation points are caused and earned, you make posts and someone other than yourself rates them, whether good or bad. The more green you have, the higher your reputation points, and the more red you have, the lower your reputation points. That's the way it goes. There is no link to it.

9) Oh and by the way, you're the one who's flaming. And calling me an arrogant idiot is not going to cut it so far. And reported for flaming!
Back to top Go down
Drakath
Boulder trainer
Drakath

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

That's the reaction I was looking for: *clicky clicky* report
Now:

x-box doesn't require internet
ps3 or it's predecessors don't require internet
computer games don't require internet
wii, ds don't require internet

I would say that the MOJORITY of gaming doesn't require internet

Actually - It appears as though the Americans feel the need to change the name for everything
I cannot be bothered to list them, but I may if you deny

I gave what advice I could with the little information you have given me, you are rather ludicrous to believe that anyone could have done better, all you did was reject me with out gratitude and repled with that of rudeness

I called you what you were, not what you weren't, they will see with clarity after reading the thread that you are simply a vexatious child

prick and idiot aren't considered swear-words, so good luck with that, I CHOSE MY WORDS CAREFULLY, YOU DID NOT...

so, do you go to uni? or do you still live at home with your parents?
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Drakath wrote:
That's the reaction I was looking for: *clicky clicky* report
Now:

x-box doesn't require internet
ps3 or it's predecessors don't require internet
computer games don't require internet
wii, ds don't require internet

I would say that the MOJORITY of gaming doesn't require internet

Actually - It appears as though the Americans feel the need to change the name for everything
I cannot be bothered to list them, but I may if you deny

I gave what advice I could with the little information you have given me, you are rather ludicrous to believe that anyone could have done better, all you did was reject me with out gratitude and repled with that of rudeness

I called you what you were, not what you weren't, they will see with clarity after reading the thread that you are simply a vexatious child

prick and idiot aren't considered swear-words, so good luck with that, I CHOSE MY WORDS CAREFULLY, YOU DID NOT...

so, do you go to uni? or do you still live at home with your parents?

Drakath, SHUT THE FUCK UP; GET OUT OF MY THREAD AND STOP SPAMMING IT.

Also that latter is none of your god damned business. Also, who cares what words you used or not? They don't matter to me or to the Mods because you're an idiot and you'll never become Modded. I remember you 6 months ago still asking for Mod powers. You'll never get them. And you're also not helping so leave this thread now, and maybe go commit suicide or something. Slow Computer Icon_biggrin It'd make us happier and in fact, I should not have helped you get here in the first place. Responding to your pm was my fault and I am deeply sorry. You were not ready to come back yet.
Back to top Go down
Drakath
Boulder trainer
Drakath

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Max - what you are correct about is that 6 months ago, I wanted commitment to the forum, but that is not why I got angry, I don't know if you remember why that happened...
Anyway, I do not want this commitment now, I simply await J-master
I don't care about anything else, though the other members deserve the apology as well, so they got one
Telling me to commit suicide is hardly a nice thing to say
And I odn't think it would, having that kind of blood on your hands,
If I commit suicide because of you, you would remember it the rest of your life

Well you've done it now, and it's too late, so unlucky

one more thing - nothing I said there was spamming =)
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:30 am

Max, your computer is probably slow because its a bit old, and you and programs are new and spend alot of memory, even websites. If it's not old, it might just have low memory, have too many programs, and/or have an operating system that use too much memory. I would suggest you to use the default system(if it's old it might be Windows Xp Proffesional or something similar). But one of the easiest way would be to reet the whole internal disk. Sadly, you would lose all the programs, documents, etc you have on the disk, tough it includes viruses. And it would maybe cost you about 10 dolas(Im no sure, but here in mexico its about 100 pesos).
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Thank you Pastel for the computer help. This may also explain why my posts never show up every time I post something new or make an edit and it's happening on these boards, a lot. I feel strongly greatful for your input, which is at least better than FantasyDrew's, who tends he's not sorry for flaming me due to that argument with me in his Apologetic Thread. LOL! You'll get a laugh out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Davidda
Thunder Trainer
Thunder Trainer
Davidda

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Max, not being stupid or anything, but...
When my computer slowed down, it slowed down safe and steadily before it crashed Sad i miss my computer Sad
But I am getting it repaired, perhaps even improved.
My guess is, that you should make someone look at your computer. Maybe a proffesional or even the persons who sold your computer.

Hope this helped :)
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 pm

This computer and monitor came from Wal Mart. Sorry you miss your computer. Wait, aren't you on a computer right now? Your other computer, then. Thanks, but I have tried going to cleanmypc.com from that commercial hoping everything will be resolved yet I don't want to pay for anything. Pastel was a bigger help but it involves money about what he said.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am

I have another small question now. How do you clear the cache on your Internet Browser? I see nothing on the Tools and Internet Options list to do this at. Only Clear Cookies, Internet Files, and History, and when my computer dramatically slows down, my internet sometimes goes haywire, like when I post in a thread or edit a post and it doesn't show up on my computer but on my iPod instead, so I know it's still there.
Back to top Go down
Davidda
Thunder Trainer
Thunder Trainer
Davidda

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:09 am

I think the cache is cookies. I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:54 am

Nah, I think there used be a secondary option on here. Don't know what the hell happened to it and I didn't see it on the other computer either. Can you see my sig in images and not pure gibberish?
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 am

I'm also having trouble with Youtube. Every time I try to click into the bar to search for a video, it won't let me and it often pisses me off and makes me want to reboot my computer. I type in a name of a lyric for example and every time after I do that, I can not type in anything else until I close out the browser and reopen it back up on the same computer and browser. This is fucking stupid. I need help with this part too!
Back to top Go down
Davidda
Thunder Trainer
Thunder Trainer
Davidda

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 pm

OK. Now I can't help you. But I did my best.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Davidda, I don't think anyone can now; so this Slow Computer Thread of mine is pointless. Until I can find something else to take care of this problem.
Back to top Go down
Davidda
Thunder Trainer
Thunder Trainer
Davidda

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Oh!
Have you tried cleaning, defragged and checked for errors?
If not, do that.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:26 pm

I have, and boy, this computer seems faster than how fast it was going yesterday. I got a couple programs open and I'm on Starry Night Pro 6 again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slow Computer Vide
PostSubject: Re: Slow Computer   Slow Computer Empty

Back to top Go down

Slow Computer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Consoles, Computers and Other Stuff. :: Tech Help-