Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Underrated OUs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ontop
Admin
Admin

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:42 am

Underrated OUs?

Post your opinion on underrated OU pokemons. I'd have to say Breloom is underrated due to: Easy to Focus punch with, Great dual STAB, acces to STAB piority move, acces to the best sleep inducing move in the game and for the 130 base Atk power.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Ulver
Boulder trainer
Ulver

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 am

Breloom for sure. Spore is just amazing, and he can stall really well with leech seed also...not sure why I don't see people using him for that more often.

I think Jolteon might be somewhat underused. Its charge beam set is very effective. It can counter Rotom-A very well. Though it doesn't have the greatest defenses the fact that it absorbs electric attacks allows it to switch in effectively a lot of times, and also makes the opponent think twice before using electric attacks. It can serve as a late game sweeper and in general gives everyone a hard time, even Scizor doesn't like Jolteon and that's pretty impressive considering Scizor has pretty much been a huge "f**k you" to anyone trying to use the frail sweepers in the metagame.

I'd also mention Gengar although I'm not really sure it is underrated, it is VERY good. With its standard set it can sweep a lot of teams mid-game. It makes good pursuit bait as well so pair it with Lucario or Magnezone and Salamence etc., good synergy opportunities.

Also lately I've been thinking about Zapdos and how it can come on a lot of threats and set up screens to support a bulky offensive team, while packing a punch with its own thunderbolt as well.

Yeah...so Breloom is underrated basically.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm

So you named:

Zapdos
Gengar
Jolteon

Yes you are right, Gengar and Zapdos are underrated. Jolteon is not. I don't feel like it can accomplish that much. One of the reason might be because it's Earthquake weak, while Gengar and Zapdos takes no damage.
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 am

Jolteon is so Underrated, and he is a beast, he did most things in my old team, specially if you run LO>Choice specs.
Zapdos is far too underrated, I always have problems with him, but I hate to use it.
Breeloom, exactly, he is very good, but im far too lazy to use it.
Kingdra. He is very good, still its pretty hard to use it outside of RD teams, since, he needs either a tun of set up(at least) or a choice item. Still,the best about him is his type combo, only 1 weakness, that used to be not seen much, but now, latias appeared, and salamence is still around.
Shaymin. He is BL, but still, anybody likes shaymin, but the shaymin I'm using atm, breaks through teams, still the others aren't that good...
Electivire. He is barely used, and nly when people got at least 2 weakneses to electric, he gains alot of speed when coming on T-bolts and stuff, and EQ/Thunderpunch can finish most things.
Another underated OU is tentacruel. Even if he can be a spinner, a sweeper, a toxic spiker, special wall, etc, nobodylikes him, he's like a specially defensive forretress.
And togekiss...Para-flinch hax with togekiss is pretty fun xD and is also great, its like a specially offensive jirachi.

Those are some underrated OUs
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 am

I still don't think Jolteon is underrated, i just think Zapdos and Gengar does the job better. I've played ALOT with Shaymin thinking "man he has 100 base in all he pwn!", he doesn't. Celebi seems to do things much better.

Electivire is really only good after Motor drive, but in combination with Gyarados he works. Yes Togekiss does the same as Jirachi on Special side of the spectrum, however with a but lacking speed.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:56 pm

breloom is obviously underrated,and you must always consider about it when you are making a team because spore-puncher is dangerous,it's speed is a letdown though.
zapdos is my favourite pokemon and for good reason,it is a great checks to all prominent threats in game,while still attaining it's heavy hitting power
the other thing i considered underrated is salamence
it is such a beast late-game when thing such as scizor,other steel type and ice shard user (mamo,weavile) is already KOed,capable of running through team with only outrage
jolteon is good but it is not an underrated pokemon,and if it's down to UU it will face serious competition with raikou (im UU player)
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Zapdos The Blitz wrote:
breloom is obviously underrated,and you must always consider about it when you are making a team because spore-puncher is dangerous,it's speed is a letdown though.
zapdos is my favourite pokemon and for good reason,it is a great checks to all prominent threats in game,while still attaining it's heavy hitting power
the other thing i considered underrated is salamence
it is such a beast late-game when thing such as scizor,other steel type and ice shard user (mamo,weavile) is already KOed,capable of running through team with only outrage
jolteon is good but it is not an underrated pokemon,and if it's down to UU it will face serious competition with raikou (im UU player)

I don't think the standard DDSet for Mence is underrated although the Specset is. Spec Mence Draco Meteor OHKOs every non-steel type pretty much.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:27 am

I love breloom! It murders some top metagame threats like swampert, suicune and tyranitar. It is kinda zapdos and rotom weak though. Jolteon is underated entirely. He's got 130 speed and a huge special attack with a boost. Heracross and magnezone are kinda underated. Hera is very powerful, has great coverage and functions well as a sweeper or revenge killer. With around half of every single team with a steel type, magnezone should be used more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Underrated OUs? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Underrated OUs?   Underrated OUs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Underrated OUs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team :: Competitive Pokémon Discussion-