Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Single pokemon rates/New movesets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ontop
Admin
Admin

Single pokemon rates/New movesets Vide
PostSubject: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Have you just invented a new moveset? Here you can get other people to rate them. This means you can not copy a set from Smogon and claim it's yours.

Rules:

1- Standard format
2- This is only for competetive pokemon so no "Magikarp with Tackle"
3- You need to have tried the set numerous times before posting it here
4- If another pokemon can do the job better explain why you would use this pokemon
5- All other LatiasWebs rules
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:58 pm

First try.

Single pokemon rates/New movesets MDP262 @ Life orb
Adamant nature
EV: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Intimidate

Taunt
Howl
Sucker punch
Body slam

This set is decent imo. I caught a Mightyena that were Adamant and had almost flawless IVs so i were like "What teh fack i'll just try to use this". I checked Smogon and it only had Choice band and Flame orb. I decided to make this set and it worked out well. I used it alot on Shoddy later with a but of succes. The idéa is to use the Intimidate to force a switch, then Howl on the switch. If i see a non attacking move coming i can Taunt, and then next turn used 1+ STAB Sucker punch, which is really nice. Body slam is randomly splashed in there for coverage, you can run Roar instead.
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Looks very good, indeed, i guess you use it on UU right?
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Actually most in OU because of Starmie, Gengar and Latias check.
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Ontop wrote:
Actually most in OU because of Starmie, Gengar and Latias check.

ö I will have to try it someday...
still I think it is totally outclassed by gallade.

Gallade can do taunt, sucker punch, has better stats, and can use SD; wich is a better howl.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:14 pm

It lacks Intimidate and STAB on Sucker punch.
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:18 pm

! I toally forgot intimidate, but the bonus got from from SD and his higher atack gets a stronger sucker punch. But intimidate is helpful to make the swicth, totally forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 am

CB and toxic orb actually. It is scizor weak. The smogon set has something similar with toxic orb for extra speed.
Back to top Go down
Ulver
Boulder trainer
Ulver

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Here is one of the strongest pokemon sets I have ran on a team. I found it in Earthworm and jumpluff's RMT in the RMT archives for OU teams.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold (+Def -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

However I slightly changed it a little on my team to come to:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold (+Def -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

This gives it better chances against Tyranitar and I never had any complaints about flash cannon > psychic.

Think of it kind of like Suicune's crocune set only with better team support and two attacks instead of one.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:28 pm

That set looks good but i'd problably drop some Def for SpA. Ice beam could be a option i guess. That decision problably matters on wether you are Ttar or Mence weak(and Latias).
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 am

Jirachi can't learn ice beam.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh snap. Sorry xD. What's the logic behind that it can learn T-Bolt but not Ice beam?
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Well, you can always use HP Ice.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 am

Or ice punch if physical.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:47 pm

0 Atk EVs on Jirachi makes Ice punch do a 71.3% - 84.6% to 0/0 Salamence. That isn't enough to use it + it can't hit anything else hard.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:00 am

I did say IF PHYSICAL.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Ok,I have use this set for a weeks and it just work very well (even though it seems crazy at first).The idea is came from when I build a 5-minute team that is very Starmie and Latias weak,and then I came up with this:

Single pokemon rates/New movesets 212
Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Technichian
32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Nature :Jolly
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit
-U-Turn

The moveset is basically the same,but with some tweaks on the EV and nature,Jolly nature and 224 Spe allow me to outspeed all base 115 with max speed and also DDtar after one DD so I can kill it with Superpower before it dies to Fire Punch,Bullet Punch is still needed even when holding Scarf (Hi,mamoswine and Weavile),Pursuit allow me to kill weakened and fleeing foe (must use carefully though because Lucario can come in and set-up).U-Turn is the crux of this set,It allow me to OHKO LOmie IIRC and also 2HKO any latias variant (lol for any bait latias I outsped you).This set is best paired with Flygon,it form the effective Dragon-Steel combo,and both can form a very excellent (or deadly) U-Turn chain (I remembered that this two were my last pokemon and they turn 2-3 to 2-0 with only U-turn).Any pokemon benefit from TTar,Latias,and Starmie being eliminated is also a good partner (your own Latias,for example)
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 am

Iron head over bullet punch. Unfortuanately, smogon listed the set in a the smog issue and it was classified as "the bad".
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Use Adamant nature and splash some Atk EVs into Speed. In this way you'll get a higher total amount of stat point in Atk and Speed combined.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:34 pm

It's considered bad because It not easily fit teams like the Choice Bander does (lol that could be said as very easy)anyway Jolly is used because if not It can't beat the main target of this set:Latias (Bait one especially),Starmie and DDtar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single pokemon rates/New movesets   Single pokemon rates/New movesets Empty

Back to top Go down

Single pokemon rates/New movesets

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team :: Competitive Pokémon Discussion-