Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

OU and UUs defferent playstyles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ontop
Admin
Admin

OU and UUs defferent playstyles? Vide
PostSubject: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:46 pm

What's the difference about OU and UUs playstyles? This do not mean you should say " OU has Scizor and UU doesn't."

I think UU has longer battles with more status conditions and more hazards. Frosslass is spike staking like hell Registeel is destroying the whole tier with it's Thunder waves. In UU you need to predict more than in OU where you just throw in a pokemon that can kill opponent and then switch out.
Back to top Go down
J-Master
Admin
Admin
J-Master

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

UU/NU is way more defensive than the standard OU playstyles. There are loads of Pokémon with high defenses and low speed (Registeel, Regirock, Shuckle, etc.) so teams with low-speeded, high-defense Pokémon are very common in the UU/NU tiers. But things have changed. Strong OU Pokémon like Alakazam and Rhyperior are moved to the UU tier. It's now more like a OU rip-off there. But most of the UU culture is still intact in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://latiaswebs.forumotion.com
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Well because I'm a former OU player and now trying to specialize myself on UU I know the different a bit.First,I agree to J-Master,UU team consist a bit of slower team and have slowe pace than OU does,the other is this tier is rather unpredictable because even popular pokemon (like cresselia) doesn't used that often like in OU does (Scizor is almost on every team).The third being the popular Grass-Water-Fire combo in UU wether the popular choice in OU is dragon-steel combo
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:29 am

Quote :
Zapdos The Blitz"The third being the popular Grass-Water-Fire combo in UU wether the popular choice in OU is dragon-steel combo

With the introduction of Cresselia and Porygon-z in UU Water-Grass-Fire have dropped alot in usage. Anyone know why?

Last edited by Ontop on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:22 pm

I think OU usually coniders more stall teams, but in UU, most players use balanced strategies, while in OU, most use offensive strategies.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Well it's actually because the metagame shifts.In UU now balance is the best style because:Pure Offense is stopped cold by Cress while Pure Stall is destroyed by P-Z
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Pure offense wasn't popular before the time of Cress. Venusaur, Quagsire, Miltank, Slowbro, Slowking, Milotic, Donphan, Uxie, Steelix, Umbreon, Chansey, Spiritomb and Registeel were still making the metagame defensive like hell.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 am

Ontop wrote:
Pure offense wasn't popular before the time of Cress. Venusaur, Quagsire, Miltank, Slowbro, Slowking, Milotic, Donphan, Uxie, Steelix, Umbreon, Chansey, Spiritomb and Registeel were still making the metagame defensive like hell.
. Yes all of thisis still in defensive set with the exception of venusaur.venusaur now almost always running SD set,mixed set,or scarf one.people now realise venusaur offensive potency because sleep powder almost guarantee you an SD (well with the exception if they have restalker or pokemon that carry lum berry)scarf set is popular due to the fact that sleep powder is so valuabe in stopping set-up sweeper
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:35 am

That's true, Vensaur is now a more offensive oriented pokemon. Although Sceptile and Jumpluffs are popping up everywhere with they're pesky SubSeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OU and UUs defferent playstyles?   OU and UUs defferent playstyles? Empty

Back to top Go down

OU and UUs defferent playstyles?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team :: Competitive Pokémon Discussion-