Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) Vide
PostSubject: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi guys,title says it all,this UU team basically built around to help Hitmontop sweep late game,while it is greatly sucessful,it is however,not yet manage to get in leaderboard because I'm really busy with school activities.So without any further ado I present you the team:
First Glance:
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 141 Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 3 Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 80Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 379Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 447Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 237

In Depth:

The Lead
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) ?plugin=ref&serial=158
Kabutops @Focus Sash
Ability:Swift Swim
74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Nature:Adamant
-Aqua Jet
-Stealth Rock
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Kabutops is such a great lead.It works both setting up SR while also combatting another lead very well,it also give me the valuabe priority because in UU no team leave home without it.Swift Swim is chosen because I can sometimes take advantage of Rain teams and turn Kabutops into ferocious sweeper.Focus Sash means a more assurance to get my rocks up.Here is what it can do to the majority of the lead in UU:
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 830_2_0Uxie Setting up SR then start firing off Waterfall
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 764_2_0Ambipom Take Fake out (NVE damage) and Waterfall+Aqua Jet finish it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 823_2_0Froslass Waterfall +Aqua Jet means 1 layer of spikes max,if it taunt me than there is no layer of spikes
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 809_2_0Rhyperior Waterfall is 2HKO
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 299_2_0Venusaur switch out to Spiritomb because it is ScarfSleep
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 357_2_0Arcanine Waterfall+Aqua Jet because I outspeed lead variant
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 444_2_0Moltres Waterfall+Aqua Jet
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 363_2_0Alakazam just switch to Spiritomb to scares it off
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 782_3_0Spiritomb switch to Registeel (must know the set first though)
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 536_2_0Steelix setting up SR then switch out because it's high defence
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 389_2_0Cloyster Stone Edge is 2HKO

The Defensive Core:
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) ?plugin=ref&serial=81
Slowbro @Leftovers
Ability:Own Tempo
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature:Bold
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Psychic
-Slack Off
Slowbro is such a reliable wall and complete my defensive RegiBro combo.I use CM here to turn it to be a hell of a tank that can also sweep team.Surf and Psychic is such a great STAB combination.Slack Off is here to increase Slowbro longevity.
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) ?plugin=ref&serial=432
Registeel @Leftovers
Ability:Clear Body
252 HP / 100 Atk /156 SpD
Nature:Careful
-Shadow Claw
-Earthquake
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave

Registeel complete my defensive core and is a great checks to many threat namely Raikou,Rotom and Mismagius.Shadow Claw is there because I already have Kabutops as my rocker and for dealing with Rotom,the main Registeel switch-in.Thunder wave is invaluabe on such a slow team.Iron Head and EQ deal with Missy and Raikou respectively

The Sweeper
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) ?plugin=ref&serial=3
Venusaur @Leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature:Jolly
-Power Whip
-Earthquake
-Sleep Powder
-Swords Dance
SDsaur is such a beast.It is countless how many team I swept with only this pokemon.Sleep Powder is what really makes Venusaur standout,It buy time for Venusaur to set-up.Power Whip is obvious,a reliable strong STAB moves and it's actually not missed much.EQ round off the coverage.Hitting those fire type and Steel types.

Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 442[/url]
Spiritomb @Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature:Bold
-Dark Pulse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Calm Mind

Spiritomb is my main answer to any psychic types that stop Hitmontop from sweeping and also my status absorber.Spiritomb also always win against SubCM Cress because it is immune to psychic means it can only hit with it secondary attack moves while I can hit it with STAB Dark Pulse and hopefully get flinch rate.Spiritomb also good at pressure stalling late-game

The Star of the Show
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) ?plugin=ref&serial=288
Hitmontop @Leftovers
Ability:Tecnichian
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature:Adamant
-Mach Punch
-Bulk Up
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch

I am not a fan of Hitmontop really,but after trying this,I think I will likely does.What makes this set effective is the surprise element and Hitmontop nice bulk,after few Bulk Ups,Hitmontop can sweep with 2 of it's priority moves without even being touched.Mach Punch and Sucker Punch almost provide perfect coverage while Stone Edge is my way to hit Flyers like Altaria.This is such and underrated sweeper that not to be taken lightly

CONCLUSION
Well this is the team guys,it's a good one but still far from perfect.I knew there is some things that could be improved.Waiting for all your rates Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) Icon_smile

Last edited by Zapdos The Blitz on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Hey, nice team Blitz.

To start of i'd run Curse over Shadow claw on Registeel. This is mainly
because Thunder wave already cripples Mismagius great and Curse
Registeel can often wreak havoc in UU. Then put those Def into SpDf. After Curse with 156 SpDf and 252 HP you'll be ready to wall UU If you do that 5/6 pokemons
including the lead will be using set-up, that is far to much. I think you should replace the Slowbro. If you still want a Bulky water but who doesn't require setting up to sweep a bit you should try out Milotic.

You could go with a moveset of Recover/Surf/Ice beam/Thunder wave. To be honest a standard 252/252 SpA/Spe could work just fine in here. There are plenty of reasons i see Milotic fitting better in here over Slowbro: It brings more Speed to your team which is something you lack horribly, It isn't weak to dark and ghosts like Spiritomb and Mismagius and Marvel scale makes the opponent afraid of Toxicing you/Paralyzing you. Now i've brought more offense to your team we might continue on with the offense, Hitmontop. It really doesn't feel comfortable to rely on Stone edge in UU and absolutely without the STAB. As it focuses on being bulky Close combat isn't a hot opinion here. I am thinking of revenge here. It's a pretty odd move but really works, especially with the STAB. Your not gonna cry about the -4 priority since you have no Speed investment.

So far i've really cried about your poor speed but now i'm actually gonna suggest you take out the speed from the only pokemon that runs it (baring the lead), Venusaur. I suggest you split the Speed EVs into HP and still have some of em' left. Venusaur is a pokemon who really likes being a bit bulky as he doesn't have a recovery move. Nice idéa of the lead BTW.

Hope that helped ya

//OnToP
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:41 am

Threat List (Sorry I'm late I make it late in the night lol)
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 299_2_0Venusaur Spiritomb is my main counter,can be a trouble sometimes
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 357_2_0Arcanine Slowbro and Kabutops is my main switch
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 819_2_0Porygon-Z Hitmontop
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 839_2_0Cresselia Spiritomb is my main answer
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 573_2_0Raikou Registeel is my main counter,Venusaur next in line
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 680_2_0Milotic Venusaur is my bet,Slowbro make it a set-up bait
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 830_2_0Uxie Kabutops,Spiritomb set-up on it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 709_2_0Registeel Spiritomb set-up on it,Venusaur and Hitmontop also set-up on it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 764_2_0Ambipom Kabutops handle it,Hitmontop next in line
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 823_2_0Froslass Lead variant are defeated by Kabutops,Spiritomb can deal with non-lead variant (rare though)
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 809_2_0Rhyperior Kabutops deal with lead,Venusaur and Slowbro deal with sweepers
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 484_2_0Azumarril Slowbro walls it to no end and set-up,Venusaur
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 562_2_0Donphan Slowbro,Venusaur gotta be careful with Ice Shard
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 769_2_0Mismagius Registeel,Spiritomb
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 584_2_0Sceptile Venusaur can set-up on it,Spiritomb wall this
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 567_2_0Hitmontop Venusaur beat Rapid Spin variant,Slowbro check it quite reliably
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 497_2_0Umbreon Hitmontop setting-up and also Venusaur,Registeel wall this
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 444_2_0Moltres Kabutops beat lead variant,otherwise it is a trouble but Slowbro can check at full health
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 363_2_0Alakazam Spiritomb deal with it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 782_3_0Spiritomb OK this thing is quite a trouble,but everyone except Slowbro can set-up on it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 334_2_0Clefable Hitmontop,gotta be wary of Flame Orb,Spiritomb also deal it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 607_2_0Swellow Registeel, Slowbro
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 664_2_0Altaria Spiritomb and Slowbro is my bet,Fun Fact:Venusaur can beat defensive variant provided Sleep Powder always hit
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 459_2_0Feraligatr Venusaur,after it got some DD it's a trouble
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 306_2_0Blastoise Venusaur,Spiritomb also set-up on it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 349_2_0Dugtrio The only thing it can beat is actually Registeel,It beat such important poke though
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 674_2_0Claydol Venusaur and Slowbro beat it reliably
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 536_2_0Steelix Slowbro,Venusaur can set-up
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 378_2_0Slowbro Spiritomb setting-up
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 439_2_0Kabutops Venusaur is my main switch
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 587_2_0Blaziken Slowbro can deal with it,Mixed variant is outspeed and beaten by Venusaur
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 824_2_0Rotom Spiritomb,Registeel,Venusaur also,gotta be wary of WoW though
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 411_2_0Chansey Venusaur and Hitmontop,Spiritomb can outstall with Pressure
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 799_2_0Toxicroak Spiritomb,Venusaur can also beat it
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 707_2_0Regirock Venusaur and Slowbro
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 559_2_0Houdoom Hitmontop is my main counter
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 602_2_0Ludicolo Ah rain teams,my best bet is to outstall rain turn with Registeel
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 797_2_0Drapion Venusaur handle it,Registeel somewhat
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 722_2_0Torterra RPtorterra is quite dangerous,I can only wear it down from LO damage and then finish it with Venusaur
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 421_2_0Scyther After few Bulk Ups,Hitmontop beat it reliably,Spiritomb can handle it,cannot let it get SD at all cost
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 437_2_0Omastar Venusaur,Rain teams is hard to deal though
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 689_2_0Absol Hitmontop,Spiritomb also
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 470_2_0Lanturn Venusaur setting up,Registee also
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 389_2_0Cloyster Lead variant handled by Kabutops,non-lead is on mercy of Venusaur
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 540_2_0Qwilfish Venusaur and Explosion can be taken by Spiritomb
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 636_2_0Aggron RPAggron is troublesome,Slowbro can check and Registeel can beat weakened one
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 627_2_0Hariyama Slowbro can take hit because Slowbro is slower (payback) and retaliate with Psychic
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 408_2_0Weezing Slowbro,Spiritomb set-up
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 404_2_0Hitmonlee Slowbro,Spiritomb also set-up
Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) 332_2_0Nidoking Slowbro again

Credit to Pastel for making the list!
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:50 am

Ontop wrote:
Hey, nice team Blitz.

To start of i'd run Curse over Shadow claw on Registeel. This is mainly
because Thunder wave already cripples Mismagius great and Curse
Registeel can often wreak havoc in UU. Then put those Def into SpDf. After Curse with 156 SpDf and 252 HP you'll be ready to wall UU If you do that 5/6 pokemons
Shadow Claw is my main answer to Rotom not Missy,btw Curse is a good idea and sorry for the EV,It should be SpD and I will edit it right away,I might test the Curse set
including the lead will be using set-up, that is far to much. I think you should replace the Slowbro. If you still want a Bulky water but who doesn't require setting up to sweep a bit you should try out Milotic.
Milotic is nice but It not provide a real great synergy with Registeel that Slowbro does.I also lack the way to consistently beat Azumarill and many Poison type
You could go with a moveset of Recover/Surf/Ice beam/Thunder wave. To be honest a standard 252/252 SpA/Spe could work just fine in here. There are plenty of reasons i see Milotic fitting better in here over Slowbro: It brings more Speed to your team which is something you lack horribly, It isn't weak to dark and ghosts like Spiritomb and Mismagius and Marvel scale makes the opponent afraid of Toxicing you/Paralyzing you.
I already have Spiritomb as my absorber and Milotic don't like to be poisoned,even it activate Marvel Scale poison wear Milotic down very quickly
Now i've brought more offense to your team we might continue on with the offense, Hitmontop. It really doesn't feel comfortable to rely on Stone edge in UU and absolutely without the STAB. As it focuses on being bulky Close combat isn't a hot opinion here. I am thinking of revenge here. It's a pretty odd move but really works, especially with the STAB. Your not gonna cry about the -4 priority since you have no Speed investment.
Yeah Revenge is dangerous thanks to Technichian and I would try it as Stone Edge is not as reliable
So far i've really cried about your poor speed but now i'm actually gonna suggest you take out the speed from the only pokemon that runs it (baring the lead), Venusaur. I suggest you split the Speed EVs into HP and still have some of em' left. Venusaur is a pokemon who really likes being a bit bulky as he doesn't have a recovery move. Nice idéa of the lead BTW.
I can put some speed to HP but I cannot afford to outsped by any max speed base 80s,most notably Blaziken,but I would try it and see if it works
Hope that helped ya

//OnToP
Thanks for the rate :)
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:22 am

Curse might be better than shadow claw. I'm not sure about CM on spiritomb as perhaps a status move will help cover against some sweepers. Close combat may be better than stone edge but it is your choice.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks for the rate Calze :)
Close Combat is a big no no on Hitmontop because it 's just a waste of Hitmontop defence because Bulk Up Top mean to be Bulky Sweeper
I think CM is the way to go because this team is already bulky and don't really need burn support while CM can be useful late-game
I think I'll try Curse because it sounds really appealing
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:52 am

I know about CC but there aren't many great options. Just wondering, can Hitmontop learn drain punch? Or is it only for chan? Thar may be an option.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 am

Drain punch would be great but it doesn't get it.As i said in my rate Revenge should be used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)   Hitmontop Sweep! (UU) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hitmontop Sweep! (UU)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team-