Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Typing Discussion :Dragon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

Typing Discussion :Dragon Vide
PostSubject: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Typing Discussion :Dragon Dialga-Palkia-and-Giratina

Hi guys,this is thread to discuss pokemon typing including the pokemon,moveset and their advantage/disadvantage over the other typing.Now we start from the arguably the best type in this game,Dragon.
Here is some great thing of dragon typing:

• The Dragon-type is statistically the best type, as its average fully evolved stat never goes below base 95
  • All of them are top-choice of competitive team (the weakest fully-evolved is Altaria,and it still one of top pokemon in it's own tier)
  • They also have an amazing defensive typing,having 4 key resistance which is fire,electric,grass,and water
  • Dragon-type is also a unique offensive typing,while only scoring a SE damage to dragon type,it is only resisted by one type,steel,meaning dragon attack has great coverage in term of attacking
  • All fully evolved or legendary Dragon-type Pokémon have either a x4 resistance or immunity

My personal favourite dragon pokemon is Dialga,It is the most versatile dragon type pokemon IMO,not only posess two of the best defensive typing,but also posess an amazing attacking stat in both spectrum.Dialga with Bulk Up and Rest is probably my favourite .Here is the example of the set:

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Outrage
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is a solid checks to Giratina,Scizor,Kyogre (expect Specs) and many other and can sweep late-game when Lugia and Groudon is eliminated
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Dragon, is unarguably, the type with more advantage, pokemons have usually incredibly big movepools, but sadly, dragon type moves, aren't seen very often, for 2 reasons: There are not enough moves, and those who are good, usually have a very bad aspect of them. There are only 2 dragon type moves that does not have a bad aspect of them, dragon claw and dragon pulse. Still, outrage and draco meteor are seen pretty often because of their high power, and it's effect isn't that harmful.

One of my favorite dragon type pokemons is rayquaza, wich such a big atack and SpAtk, and ways to boost it's power, stil, my favorite 1v1 set is the SD set.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:56 am

It's got great neutral coverage and powerful moves and resisted by steel.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:31 am

Okay Dragon has great coverage yet alone, but can you say a good Dragon-only pokemon? Often when they pair up with another type they'll get a few tweaks. Latias gets weak to Ghost, Dark and he gets 2x to Bug. Salamence gets 4x Ice and 2x to Stone edge(Rock). Flygon gets 4x to Ice and neutral to Water. Looking at Latias and Salamence this is pointless. Why? Because they aren't using those STABs anyways. Some new persons are using Psychic on Latias but it's not good at all.

Last edited by Ontop on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:07 am

just want to point out that latias only 2x weak to bug,not 4x
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:23 pm

My fault, but you get what i'm pointing at.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 am

Virtually only people use dragon moves are STAB users except heatran because dragon has little coverage. Dragon is kinda similar to normal as mainly only STAB users use it as it has no super effectives.
Back to top Go down
Zapdos The Blitz
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Zapdos The Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Yes dragon got poor coverage on hitting with SE damage,but it got wide coverage when we are talking about resistance.This is especially useful on Choice-user as first they need to cover everything at least neutral
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Although in OU there are alot of Steels which kinda sucks for the dragons. Scizor, Jirahci, Metagross are 3 bulky steels. Although those dragons have started using fire moves only for that purpose.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 am

Speaking of which, when DID dragons start using fire moves? When scizor got bullet punch?
Back to top Go down
Ulver
Boulder trainer
Ulver

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 am

In my opinion this is the best dragon in OU:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
...with the possible exception of a physical based Salamence with roost over fire blast. Actually now that I think about it perhaps that is the best dragon set in OU...
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:08 pm

In everyone taht's the best dragon in OU =P

Though i think not. Playing around with him isn't hard. Stealth rock kills him very quickly or atleast helps to beat him down. Life orb kills him. Sandstorm and Hail kills him. Toxic can kill him. Though most notable is scarfed pokemons. Let's say he comes in and takes 25% right off the bat by SR. Now he is forcing you to switch allowing him to set up DD. He kills the pokemon you sacrificed. Now he's taken 10 Lo recoil, 25 SR and maybe 6 Sandstorm. He's down at 59. From that spot, any fast scarfer should kill him etc, Gengar, Starmie, Flygon, Jirachi, Latias. Really all resudial damage kills him in the long run. The set i found the best in OU is problably this(standard)set:

Latias @ Life orb
Timid nature
EV: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe

Calm mind
Dragon pulse
Thunder bolt
Surf

The reason i like this pokemon the more is due to no huge SR damage and amazing bulk, especially after a Calm mind.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 am

Latias - scizor *cough* weak. I like the dragonite anti lead. I'm also testing sub mence.
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:20 pm

SubMence. Resudial weak.

Comes in takes 25% then subs and you are at 50%. Add on Life orb. Tell me you are running Roost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Typing Discussion :Dragon   Typing Discussion :Dragon Empty

Back to top Go down

Typing Discussion :Dragon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team :: Competitive Pokémon Discussion-