Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Uber Paralyze Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

Uber Paralyze Team Vide
PostSubject: Uber Paralyze Team   Uber Paralyze Team EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Not sure if anyone will rate this. I've been laddering for leisure recently and I decided to try out a paralyze team after facing a few. It has done really well and I'd like some help out further.

Kyogre @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

I generally don't appreciate leads that don't stop deo-s from getting 2 layers of spikes but this las done really well. I can just start by paralyzing a great deal of the team. I especially love when palkias and latias' switch into the full health kyogre as I just take the hit and cripple it for life. Against bulkier leads like groudon, I can deal heavy damage with surf/ice beam/thunder and against weaker leads like deoxys, I would paralyze them in case they switch and a can try for the 25% chance of full paralysis. Besides starting with some paralysis, I can also provide rain which nicely supports latias' thunders as well as giving jirachi a nice defence against fire attacks.
---

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP/192 Spd/204 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias is the kyogre counter of my team. Thunder deals with it nicely as well as dealing damage to steel types on the switch in. HP fire is also useful for dealing with steels in case there is a weather change and can catch many scizors off guard. I do not have calm mind as I rarely have the time to set up as killing slower sweepers *cough*kyogre*cough* is a full time job and I much value the recovery option.
---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/104 Atk/16 Spd/136 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Body Slam
- Substitute
- Iron Head

I absolutely adore jirachi! This acts as my dragon resist to these dragon pulses, DMs, outrages and spacial rends. I than go on with subbing if I think they are choiced or can't do any more than 25% damage to jirachi and then I paralyse the opponent or I t-wave if they aren't and start an annoying iron head spam. This also often kills faster sweepers like non taunt mewtwo etc. I have body over ice punch because this can paralyse ground types like groudon and garchomp which may prove useful as then I can attempt an iron head spam.
---

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/64 Def/192 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

I originally had a mewtwo here to sweep and half wallbreak but I then realised that I was extremely SD rayquaza weak as well as a bit RP groudon weak. Lugia makes an excellent counter to these pokemon with a combination of reflect and ice beam. I'm considering extra SAtk EVs to deal more damage with ice beam. I can also paralyze pokemon and be a good set upper for garchomp to sweep.
---

Garchomp (M) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Haban chomp is great. It bluffs a choice scarf nicely and can set up on these weaker dragon attacks ready to punch significant holes into teams with dragon claw and earthquake. I'm considering Para dancer groudon as chomp isn't that bulky and can only take one hit while groudon can paralyze too as well as being bulkier.
---

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Fire Blast

Mixquaza acts nicely as a solid wallbreaker and revenge killer for my team. It beats blissey and forretress nicely and punches huge holes with draco meteor. Fire blast is for steels, outrage is to deal more damage to blissety and kyogre. It also works great against paralyzed faster enemies.
---

Well, here's my team. I have problems with certain forms of stall as well as aromatherapy bliss. I also have some problems against darkrai and bulk up dialga. Please rate!
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

Uber Paralyze Team Vide
PostSubject: Threat List   Uber Paralyze Team EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Threat List

Kyogre - Choiced variants are handled by latias and rayquaza in case of emergencies when latias is dead. T-wave variants cause problems as they cripple latias. Rest variants could sweep my team due to paralysis being ineffective. My best bet is to use rayquaza to spam outrage.

Dialga - Offensive variants get worn down by dragon pulses and draco meteors from latias and rayquaza. BU variants can threaten to sweep my team if rayquaza is down.

Palkia - Garchomp will take down all variants and once paralyzed, so can rau=yquaza.

Groudon - Latias can deal good damage on it, if kyogre can switch in, kroudon is taken care of, lugia can wall it, ray can DM it.

Rayquaza - The best counter lugia deals with all variants. It is the main reason why I put lugia in. Latias can kill it before it has set up.

Scizor - Kyogre and rayquaza can kill it, lugia walls it and latias can kill it with thunder/HP fire in either weather.

Mewtwo - Once it is paralysed, most can take it down. Jirachi makes an especially effective counter to non taunt variants.

Darkrai - I have trouble with this one. Only kyogre and jirachi is a moderately safe switch in after DV. Rayquaz's ES can deal damage to it.
Back to top Go down

Uber Paralyze Team

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Pokémon Gaming :: Rate My Competitive Team-