Latias' Heaven
Hi MichaelXD, you have a mole on your right leg. Very Happy
Latias' Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latias' Heaven

Welcome to LatiasWebs!

HomeLatiasWebs HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ontop
Admin
Admin

The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:07 pm

It easy to explain. If i post a help-fulland well informing post etc. someone can give that post 1+ reputation. Sp basiclly instead of going of the post count on someone you can look at how many post that actually were good that someone has made.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:02 pm

I think they also automatically increase if you make a post but right now when I looked, I have -2 reputation points in total. Do you still think I made really good posts? They couldn't have been that bad. Actually the point increasing with my post count increasing has just been happening recently and in fact it doesn't actually occur like this. Nice try on my part but somewhere along the line, I do actually make helpful posts. Actually, no wait. Those are 2 different things. The points and the reputation.

So I guess that points are automatic and that the reputation points are manual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.timeanddate.com
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:09 pm

That's what i said...
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 pm

I could give you a reputation point for the 2 posts above but how do you give out 1 reputation point to a user? I couldn't find the option yet to do it.

Edit: I changed my mind and planned to give you one for that one too. The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Congratulations on that reputation point you earned for being nice as a Smod. I gave you a few fair others too so you should have a lot of nice things to say. In that case, could you accept a friend request from me? I'll be glad to be friends with you.

Last edited by Max on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I want friends.)
Back to top Go down
J-Master
Admin
Admin
J-Master

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:15 pm

You can vote a message positive or negative with the +/- button right under the report button. (The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_report)
Back to top Go down
https://latiaswebs.forumotion.com
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:17 pm

So basically you hit report and then type + or - under it? I'm confused because I thought the report button was for reporting posts. Not for giving reputation.
Back to top Go down
J-Master
Admin
Admin
J-Master

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:23 pm

No, no, no. I said the +/- button under the report button. If you look under the report button you'll see something that looks like this:

Quote :
+
_

-

Click the '+' to vote a message 'positive' and click '-' to vote a message 'negative'. It works a bit like the thumbing up and down on YouTube. I'm sure you know how that works; good/smart/funny posts get a thumb up (+) and stupid/dumb/fail posts get a thumb down (-). This system works the same, except for the fact that you cannot view how many positive- and how many negative responses a message got.

You cannot give your own messages a 'vote' so you'll have to view a message posted by someone else to see the +/- button.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 pm

For some reason, the + and - button aren't there. Why? I don't see them anywhere. All I see is Quote, Report, and Lock Post for new reports which currently does nothing for me at the moment. I wanted to give Ontop a reputation point before I have to leave for 2nd Period English, but I couldn't find the signs underneath. Are you positive that they're actually there?
Back to top Go down
J-Master
Admin
Admin
J-Master

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Well, I just checked it with my other (not-staff) account, which has exactly the same permissions and view like you, and I saw the button. To make it easier, I made a picture of the page, and I marked the place where you can find the +/- button. The quality isn't the best because I made it with my phone, but you should be able to find the button now.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Could this possibly be a problem with my browser again? I'm on another computer in a different room and I still don't see it. I just looked at your screenshot of where the button is and how to find it but it still doesn't show up again on my screen.
Back to top Go down
J-Master
Admin
Admin
J-Master

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 pm

I checked out the reputation control panel again, and I just fixed the only thing that could have caused your problem. Try to look of it's there again, and if that doesn't work, I don't know it either.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Thank you J-Master. While it didn't show up before, it shows up now and quite the perfection. I just had gone around and gave out a couple reputation points to a few friendly users here who made helpful posts and good posts in the recent past who I felt that was the best at deserving the reputation points, the ones I promised to give to Ontop, and a few others. Because you did this, I was capable at fulfilling my request and to give my heart out there to all our fellow forum users, especially the nicest Mods here.

For those of you who feel different about the reputation points I gave, except for the ones I rated at a certain post, feel free to use the - symbol for it if you felt like it shouldn't have been rated +. There is no penalty for it so if you do, I will not be all over the place and hunt you down for it if you felt different about whatever I thought. This is your very own opinion. The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 am

Is this sig too big? How do you resize it?
Back to top Go down
Ontop
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:39 am

https://latiaswebs.forumotion.com/art-section-f24/questions-how-to-thread-t17.htm

Look there. I don't know how to do it myself but it has a link to 3 sites for doing it. Hope that helped.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Calze6, there is a Sig Check thread in this section. Go there for all sig checks next time. It's fine as long as it doesn't exceed the limit.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Admin
Max

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Is there a way to send Private messages into Draft form and then to get them back? I tried sending 1 really long one to J-master and then I was automatically logged out and then I lost it. I got to get to my next class soon. Please help! The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 Icon_sad

It took me a lot of time and work to type that message. How do I get it back? I didn't know that it wouldn't send if the machine logged you out automatically.

Edit: The message has been sent, J-Master. Sorry for the delay. It didn't send the first time and I noticed that I had seriously left some serious stuff out of it so I had to go back and fix it. I copied and pasted it onto Microsoft Word and then copied and pasted it back as I do not stay logged on forever, but we still need that function to send private messages to draft form instead of having it automatically delete if the machine logs you out and then just getting it from there waiting for it to send like in an email.

Last edited by Max on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Old Spelling Error)
Back to top Go down
krakenzeus
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
krakenzeus

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 am

Is there a limit for your avatar as you can see my avatar is HUGE
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:45 am

You can always shrink it. The thread in the art section "How to" Thread, has various links for that.
Back to top Go down
Firekit
Cascade Trainer
Cascade Trainer
Firekit

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm

There should be a question of the day and who ever gets it right gets a latia's point.
Back to top Go down
Davidda
Thunder Trainer
Thunder Trainer
Davidda

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Firekit wrote:
There should be a question of the day and who ever gets it right gets a latia's point.
I second that idea.
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:28 am

We could use that quiz section in games for that. Except no one replies.
Back to top Go down
pastel
Marsh Trainer
Marsh Trainer
pastel

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 am

What about having a tutorial thread for spriting, art, making banners, etc. in the art section?
Back to top Go down
calze6
Volcano Trainer
Volcano Trainer

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 am

Seconding the idea as I'd like to know how too.
Back to top Go down
J-Master
Admin
Admin
J-Master

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:40 pm

pastel wrote:
What about having a tutorial thread for spriting, art, making banners, etc. in the art section?
Well, if someone is willing to make a thread like that it's fine. But the problem is that everyone makes their banners/sprites in a different way. That would mean that a tutorial would only contain the knowledge of one, two or three persons while there are incredibly many different ways and programs to create digital art. That's why it's so difficult to make a real tutorial about digital art.

But a collection of tips posted by people who make sprites, banners and things like that would be possible to do. Anyway, if someone is willing to actually write a tutorial or tips; go ahead. Just make sure that it isn't full of mumbo-jumbo. Oh, and I also don't want to see 5.712 different guides about creating banners, since everyone uses their own technique. One thread, maybe two, is enough.
Back to top Go down
Emoraptor
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Emoraptor

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Would the thread be stickied, or would we see a new column altogether?
Back to top Go down
http://www.matthewgrant.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread   The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official LatiasWebs Suggestions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Latias' Heaven :: Latiaswebs :: Forum Suggestions & Helpdesk-